by John Doyle
Isaiah 58:11 “The Lord will GUIDE you continually and satisfy your soul and strengthen you. You shall be like a watered Garden and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail”
In these difficult days of Lockdown we do need the Guidance of God in each of Lives and Homes as we face this continued Pandemic. What a great opportunity we have as His Church to seek out Gods Guidance and provide that Godly Guidance to others that are in need at this time. Luke describes it like this “Give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to GUIDE our feet into the way of peace” Luke 1:79
We have a wonderful Promise here in Isaiah that we will be “continually guided” and when we allow God’s Word and God’s Spirit to Guide us it will bring satisfaction to our hearts, minds and souls, despite what we may be going through.
Consider for a moment the Precious GUIDE that God has given to us as His Children:
1. Grace: “My Grace is sufficient for you, and my strength is made perfect in weakness” 2 Cor. 12:9
Gods Grace is never ending and by His Grace we are guided by Him through His Word to walk that “narrow road” that leads to Life.
2. Unity: “Finally all of you be of one mind having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted…” 1 Peter 3:8
Oh its so important to have unity in these hard times and when we fill our minds with the truths of Gods Word it will bring compassion, love and a tender heart.
3. Inspiration: “Do not fear little flock, for it is your Fathers good pleasure to give you the Kingdom” Luke 12: 32
I am sure this verse gives you inspiration to press on in these times knowing that He has provided a place in His Kingdom for us as His Bride the Church.
4. Direction: “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his Way. Ps. 37:23
When our steps are in line with Gods direction and not ours, He will be delighted because we are walking His way and not our own.
5. Equipping: “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers for the equipping of the of the saints for the work of ministry for the edifying of the Body of Christ” Eph. 4: 11 – 12. The Lord has equipped the Church through the gifting’s He has given to His people for a purpose. That purpose is primarily to equip others for the work of ministry and to build up the body of Christ – HIS CHURCH.
As He Guides us we are to Guide others and so let me encourage you today to take every opportunity that the Lord gives you to be Guided by Him and then be open to Him to be used to Guide those in your Family, and Friends and Church that are in need at this time. We all know what its like to have a “Watered Garden” (Text above) and the joy it brings to the plants and flowers. Can you imagine what Joy it brings to the Lord when we are Guided by Him and His Word day by day and we pass that guidance onto others as God opens those doors. *Guide me Oh thou Great Jehovah*
In the Love of the Lord Jesus,
John and Barbara.
Its time to sing with me:
“Guide me O thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land,
I am weak but thou art mighty;
Hold me with thy powerful hand;
Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven,
Feed me now and evermore;
Feed me now and ever more”